Call for Papers
June 8-9, 2015, London, UK
The International Conference on Cyber Situational Awareness, Data Analytics and Assessment (CyberSA 2015) is an international referred conference dedicated to the advancement of the principles, methods and applications of situational awareness on Cyber Systems, Business Information Systems (BIS), Computer Network Defence (CND), Computer Physical Systems (CPS) and Internet of Things (IoTs).
The aim of the CyberSA 2015 is to encourage participation and promotion of collaborative scientific, industrial and academic inter-workings among individual researchers, practitioners, members of existing associations, academia, standardisation bodies, and including government departments and agencies. The purpose is to build bridges between academia and industry, and to encourage interplay of different cultures.
CyberSA 2015 invites researchers and industry practitioners to submit papers that encompass principles, analysis, design, methods and applications. All submitted papers are independently peer-reviewed.
Conference proceedings will be published by the Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and submitted for bibliographic indexing and listing by the following: IEEE Computer Society Digital Library, IEEE Xplore Digital Library, DBLP Computer Science, Scopus, CiteSeerX, Computer Science Index, EI Compendex, Academic Search Complete, CiteULike, Google Scholar & Microsoft Academic Search.
CyberSA 2015 is co-located with other conferences as part of CyberScience 2015.
· Posters will be presented during the conference.
· Industry track is available for discussing and publishing pilot and proof of concepts.
· Work in Progress track is available for preliminary work.
· Research Ideas track is available for ideas in early stages assessment.
· PhD Seminar track is available for discussing and publishing early PhD thesis research.
Note: Due to requests from potential authors, submission deadline has now been extended to 11th March 2015. All submissions must be submitted via the online submission system hosted by EasyChair Conference Portal!
All Industry track, Work in Progress track, Research Ideas track and PhD Seminar track will be published in the conference proceedings. Interested participants, please submit your proposal using the online submission system hosted by Easychair Conference Portal.
Full paper submission should be via Easychair Conference Portal.
Topics of Interest
Original papers are invited on recent advances in Cyber Situational Awareness, Data Analytics and Assessment. The topics in CyberSA 2015 include but not limited to:
Situational Awareness for Computer Networks Defense
• Computer Network Defense
• Cyber Situation Awareness
• Correlation & Automation
Collaborative Situation Awareness for Decision Making
• Collaborative Defense Approach
• Situation Assessment & Decision Making
Defense Strategy for the Enhancement of Situational Awareness
• Risk Management, Governance and Compliance
• Trust, Privacy and Anonymity Issues
• Digital Forensic Information Analysis
• Enterprise Information Security Policies, Standards and Procedures
• Risks posed by Wireless Networks, including through the use of Mobile Computing, BYOD, Wearable in CND environment
Cyber Situational Awareness Tools & Techniques
• Fuzzy Logic
• Rough Set
• Artificial Neural Networks
• Artificial Intelligence
• Genetic Algorithm
• Evidence Theory (DST)
• Bayesian Networks & Set Theory
• Big Data Analytics
• Game Theory
• Graph Theory
Network Situational Awareness
• Cyber Attack Scenarios
• Situation-Aware and Context-Aware Network Applications
• CERTs and CSIRTs
• Security Event and Information Management
• Application Security, Audits and Penetration Testing
Web Traffic Characterisation
• Intrusion Detection Systems
• Traffic Characterisation Techniques
• Web Analytics
• Security Incident Response
National and Critical Infrastructure Security Issues
• Information Security
• Cyber Security
• Database Security
• Application Security
• Law Enforcement and Surveillance
• Border Protection and Controls
• Cyber Warfare and Counter Terrorism
Situation Awareness in Military Operations
• Military Doctrinal in Situation Awareness
• C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance)
• Computer Network Operations
• Computer Network Defense
Analysis of Large-Scale Internet Traffic
• Attack Graphs
• Advanced Security Incident Analysis
• Sensor Correlation and Cross-Correlation
• Implementing Situational Awareness Systems
• Information Security Metrics and Measurements
Human Factor Cognitive
• Training and Expertise
• Risk Assessment and Decision Making
• Forecasting and Prediction
• Operator SA
• Team SA
Usefulness of Multisensor Data Fusion
• Information Data Fusion
• Sensor Fusion for Security Incident Analysis
• Security Incident Analysis
• Data Association & Correlation
• Security Information Visualisation
• Data Analytics
• Security Monitoring
• Tools for Metric Optimisation
• Visualisation and Digital Analytics
• Data Mining
• Filtration, Selection, and Risk-Based Prioritisation
• Metrics for Evaluation and Assessment
Cyber Situational Awareness Frameworks
• Proactive Defense Strategies
• Instance-Based Learning
• Adaptive Neural Logic
• Human-Assisted Decision Control
• Human in the Loop
• Automated Self-Responder
Designing Cyber Situational Awareness Solutions and Services
• Functional Requirements for Situation-aware services
• Non-Functional Requirements for Situation-aware Services and solutions
• Interface Design
• Realtime Processing
Situational Awareness Applications
• Situational Awareness in C4ISR
• Situational Awareness in Cyber Command and Control Centres
• Situational Awareness in Intrusion Defense
• Situational Awareness in Cyber Physical Systems (CPS)
• Situational Awareness for Internet of Things (IoTs)
• Open Source Applications
Situational Awareness Training
• Research and development in Situational Awareness
• Simulation and Testbeds in Cyber Situation Awareness
• Experimentation & Instrumentation
• Theoretical Underpinnings in Situation Awareness
The best paper of each section will be selected and their author(s) will receive a corresponding Award Certificate. Authors of the Best 20%-25% papers presented at the conference will be invited to adapt their papers for their publication in one of the special issues peer reviewed journals.