Call for Papers
September 19-20, 2016, London, UK
International Conference on Privacy, Data Protection and Information Assurance (Privacy 2016) is an international referred conference dedicated to the advancement of Privacy, Data Protection and Information Assurance as means to improving procedural, technical and legal controls for the preservation of privacy, data protection and information assurance.
The aim of the Privacy 2016 is to encourage participation and promotion of collaborative scientific, industrial and academic inter-workings among individual researchers, practitioners, members of existing associations, academia, standardisation bodies, and including government departments and agencies. The purpose is to build bridges between academia and industry, and to encourage interplay of different cultures.
Privacy 2016 invites researchers and industry practitioners to submit papers that encompass principles, analysis, design, methods and applications. All submitted papers will be independently peer-reviewed.
The conference proceedings will be published and submitted for bibliographic indexing and listing by the following: IEEE Xplore Digital Library, DBLP Computer Science, Scopus, CiteSeerX, Computer Science Index, EI Compendex, Academic Search Complete, CiteULike, Google Scholar & Microsoft Academic Search.
Privacy 2016 is co-located with other conferences part of Cyber Policy 2016.
- Posters will be presented during the conference.
- Industry track is available for discussing and publishing pilot and proof of concepts.
- Work in Progress track is available for preliminary work.
- Research Ideas track is available for ideas in early stages assessment.
- PhD Seminar track is available for discussing and publishing early PhD thesis research.
All accepted submissions, including Industry track, Work in Progress track, Research Ideas track and PhD Seminar track will be published in the conference proceedings.
All submissions, including abstracts and full papers should be submitted via the Easychair Conference Site
Topics of Interest
Original papers are invited on recent advances in Privacy, Data Protection and Information Assurance. The topics in Privacy 2016 include but not limited to:
- Privacy by Default
- Information Privacy
- Data & Information Confidentiality
- Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- Privacy Risk Management
- National and International Laws, Directives and Regulations
- European Social Medial Privacy Laws
- Privacy Standards, Regulation, Legislation and Policy
- Trans-Border Communications & Regulations
- Safe Habour
- Privacy Directives
- Privacy of Electronic Communications
- Privacy of Health Data
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Data Protection Principles
- Data Protection Act
- P3T – Principle, Process, Procedure and Technical Controls
- Legal Issues of Data Protection Controls
- Policy Controls & Protocols
- Data Protection in Digital Word
- Technology Controls
- Confidentiality Mechanisms
- Obfuscation, Anonymity and Information Hiding as mechanisms for Data Protection
- Emerging Data Protection Mechanisms
- Design and Implementation of Data Protection System
- Law, Legislation and Directive
- Data Protection on Transit, at Rest, and in destruction
- Collection, Handling and Maintenance
- IA Policies, Standards, and Best Practices
- IA Strategies & Society
- National Cyber Security Strategies
- Critical National Infrastructures (CNI)
- Security, Trust, Privacy
- Confidentiality, Integrity & Availability
- IA for Coalitions and International Frontiers
- IA for Digital Content
- Legal, Law, Legislation and Directive
- Continuous Improvement
- IA for Small and Medium Enterprises
- IA for Large Enterprises
- IA for Government
- IA Good Governance (IGG)
All the accepted papers will appear in the proceedings!
The best paper of each section will be selected and their author(s) will receive a corresponding Award Certificate.
Authors of the Best 20%-25% papers presented at the conference will be invited to adapt their papers for their publication in one of the special issues peer reviewed journals.