Call for Papers
November 9-10, 2016, London, UK
International Conference on Security Operation Centres, Automation, Remediation and Optimisation (SOC 2016) is an international referred conference dedicated to the advancement of Cyber Security Operations Centres, Network Operations Centres, Remediation and Optimisation. We welcome new and innovative contributions that provide insight to theoretical underpinnings, foundational research, methods and practical implementation of cyber security operations centres, advances in the implementation, design and systems optimisation, and security vulnerability assessments and threat profiling.
The aim of the SOC 2016 is to encourage participation and promotion of collaborative scientific, industrial and academic inter-workings among individual researchers, practitioners, members of existing associations, academia, standardisation bodies, and including government departments and agencies. The purpose is to build bridges between academia and industry, and to encourage interplay of different cultures.
SOC 2016 invites researchers and industry practitioners to submit papers that encompass principles, analysis, design, methods and applications. All submitted papers are independently peer-reviewed.
- Posters will be presented during the conference.
- An Industry track is available for discussing and publishing pilot and proof of concepts.
- A Work in Progress track is available for preliminary work.
- A Research Ideas track is available for ideas in early stages assessment.
- A PhD Seminar track is available for discussing and publishing early PhD thesis research.
Full paper submission should be via Easychair Conference Site
Topics of Interest
Original papers are invited on recent advances in Cyber Security Operations Centres, Network Operations Centres, Vulnerability Assessments and Security Optimisation and Remediation. The main themes in SOC 2016 include but not limited to:
Cyber Security Operations Centres (Cyber SOC)
- Cyber SOC Designs
- Principles and Operations
- Design Requirements
- SOC Security Operating Procedures (SOC SyOPs)
- Architectures and Design Considerations
- Implementation of SOC Centres
- Monitoring and Security Analysis
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Log Analysis & Analytics
- IDS/IPS & Firewall Administration
- Security Mechanisms and Protocols (DNS, FTP, TLS, SSL, VPN etc)
- Alerting and Event Prioritisation
- Analysis Tools and Techniques
- Incident Triage
- Incident Analysis, Management, Reporting and Escalation
- Management Reports and Management Information (MI) Reports
- Coordination and Containment
- Collaboration and Incident Investigation
- Model of Operations
- Intelligence Interfaces
- Asset Management, Prioritisation and Categorisation
- Investigation & Forensic Readiness
Network Operations Centre (NOC)
- Functions of NOCs
- Design Principles
- Design Architectures and Design Requirements
- Monitoring and Analysis
- Incident Response & Handling
- Incident Management
- Operations Management
- Models of Operations
- System Interfaces and Automation
- Asset Management
- Data Leak Prevention (DLP)
- Denial and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
- Vulnerability Scanning, Ranking and Prioritisation
- IT Health Checks (ITHC)
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Vulnerability Management
- Asset Management & Configuration Management Database
- Business Information Systems Management
- Asset Classification, Categorisation & Prioritisation
Remediation and Optimisation
- Remedial Action Plans
- Risk Management
- Business Process Optimisation
- Security Management
- Policy and Standards Compliance
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Assurance and Certification
- Process, Procedure and Standardisation
- Global IT Outsourcing
- Supplier Management
All the accepted papers will appear in the proceedings!
The best paper of each section will be selected and their author(s) will receive a corresponding Award Certificate. Authors of the Best 20%-25% papers presented at the conference will be invited to adapt their papers for their publication in one of the special issues peer reviewed journals.